The mandatory intake form will be emailed to you to complete approximately 1 week before your appointment.
Review the below preparation prior to your exam. These protocols MUST be followed or your exam will be rescheduled, and a $50 non-refundable rescheduling fee charged.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via email at:
Mandatory Imaging Preparation
Before you arrive for your thermogram, certain procedures must be followed in order to ensure that your images reflect accurate information. Please read the following instructions carefully and strictly adhere to them.
● No prolonged sun exposure (sunbathing and sunburn) to the body areas being imaged 5 days prior to the exam.
● No use of deodorants, lotions, oils, creams, powders, or makeup (no facial makeup for full body or upper body scans) the day of the exam. If you are scheduled for a breast thermogram ONLY, facial makeup is OK.
● No shaving or other hair removal of the areas to be imaged the day of the exam.
● No treatment (chiropractic, acupuncture, TENS, physical therapy, electrical muscle stimulation, ultrasound, hot or cold pack use, sauna or steam room) or physical stimulation of the areas to be imaged for 24 hours before the exam.
● No exercise the day of the exam.
● If showering, it must be no closer than 1 hour before the exam. No baths for 24 hours prior to the exam.
● If you are using pain medications, please avoid taking them for 4 hours prior to the examination. However, you must consult with the prescribing physician for his or her consent prior to any change in medication use such as this.
● You must wait at least 4 weeks after having a fine needle or core biopsy of the breast before a thermogram can be performed.
● You must wait at least 8 weeks after having a lumpectomy or surgical biopsy of the breast before a thermogram can be performed.
● If you have had any medical procedure within the last 12 weeks, please notify our office before coming in for your appointment. Your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
If you are scheduled for a breast thermogram, the same protocols above apply along with no physical stimulation of the breasts for 24 hours before the exam, and if you are nursing please try to nurse as far from 1 hour prior to the exam as possible.
Please note: During the examination you will be disrobed (from the waist up for breast exams, and completely for full body exams) during both imaging and acclimation, to allow for the surface temperature of the body to equilibrate with the room.
If you have any further questions, please contact our office.
Thank you for choosing InfraMed Thermography, we look forward to meeting you!